Friday, March 14, 2008

Arrival...

I received an unexpected call from Moonlight Glassing today during school/work. "Hi Andy, your board is ready to be picked up." Skip, whistle, hop, hum, grin, giggle. A twenty minute drive from work has me holding my new friend, a fine gift by a fine wife. Thanks again, Amy. Josh and Moonlight make a good product, too. Thanks.Blue Pinline to match the lam.
My first board with Lokbox. I usually like glass-ons. I'm trying out some bamboo fins.
Curves!

So, of course, it must be surfed tomorrow! I'm going to try to find a little organization in some nook or cranny. Give this baby a spin and then flop around on the mat. Sounds killer!

9 comments:

LESider said...

So nice!!!! what a great present, I still get happy when I ride the GH fish my girl got me.

I really like the last photo where you can see the bottom contours.

So was that record time for moonlight? didn't that just get shaped around valentines day which was exactly one month ago!?!?! moonlight just got a board for me on Monday so it might not be that long a wait!

Happy Birthday.

pushingtide said...

OOOOooooo. That last photo is so nice. Looks so fun. Fishin'!!

KYScoast said...

Here fishy fishy...

6ftnperfect said...

that thing is gonna haul ass!

23 Breaths said...

Great looking board, I really like the light blue color. Just in time for summer!

borntoloser said...

Unreal board. Period.

J.P. said...

How is that thing working out?

Anonymous said...

How's the board ride ?

borntoloser said...

To be clear- this board is a wonderful combination of the glide and speed that I love in Lis/Frye fish boards, coupled with more drive and versatility in a wider range of conditions. I'm seriously still learning about how to work the fin combinations. My first session I had the fins way too spread and it was tracking, then I pulled the cluster together and lost a touch of drive. I'm fine tuning now. I would recommend This mini-fish simmons quad to anyone who loves a "true" fish and the smooth, lateral surfing it offers, but wants to be able to surf more with more versatility in a broader range of conditions. Josh will fine tune to your needs and you will be satisfied. Peace.